Friday, January 25, 2013

Sedition Wars: Patient Zero Identified

Last night was hobby night and the first of the Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster minis got painted. There are maybe 100 figs total in the "Biohazard" level Kickstart package, so assuming one model per night I have a good amount of painting ahead of me. 
This is a start to finish one night paint job, and that leads to my new "thing." I'm going to try and stay focused on any model I start to paint until it's finished. I have way too many models at the 25% completion level, and I want them to be done. They don't have to be painting competition level or perfunctory level, just done. Like Mr. Revenant here. Done. 1% of the way to fully painted SW:BfA set. I am not limiting myself in the same way for building models, since I might want to assemble some for gaming, but once paint touches a model all others shall be forsaken until that one is done.

In other news, Khador Brian brought in FFG's X-Wing and we played at lunch. Wow, is that fun. Simple rules and nice pre-painted models meant everyone could get into the game easily. Matt immediately realized that he would be dropping a lot of money on this game, and I know he was shopping online shortly after lunch. Larger battles appear to be in our future.

2 comments:

  1. Sedition Wars looked awesome from its start, despite it being a blatant ripp off many (video) games and movies like dead space, etc.

    Your mini so far looks good and like it was hella fun to paint. I understand how it feels... we want to achieve so much when painting that we often forget to have fun (drybrush anyone ? looks like nowadays it's forbidden to use).

    That's why simple games with pree-painted minis work wonders. Might try X-wing yet I'm not sure about spaceship combat oriented games...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mini looks great and I wish you luck in finishing the rest of your Sedition Wars.

    I need to do the same thing and paint one mini at time. Indecision always halts my progress.

    I like the simple game mechanics which is similar to Wings of War (now Wings of Glory) that came before it. Seeing the Millenium Falcon expansion might in person could make me buy a copy.

    ReplyDelete

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.