Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Opportunity For Improvement

Steve brought in his Nikon again today. I knew the Belle needed some fixin' up, but ... wow. We created a custom backdrop, since all the cool kids on CMON are using purple in the top 10. Dramatic as it is, I don't think it would elevate the Belle's score at all.

I decided to point out the flaws, so that in future posts you can critique my improvement. They are many and varied. Well, not that varied. The base is also a custom job that was meant to resemble my resin bases from Secret Weapon. Justin is in no danger of losing business from my homemade bases, that's for sure.

For reference, here is the same model from my HTC Evo 4G phone camera.
EDIT: It's also pretty clear from looking at the model that she must be wearing some sort of corset. Two -thirds of the breast volume is above the material, so my choosing to paint the material sheer was ill considered.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing how photos help you notice all the problems eh :) I'm sure you will do a great job fixing her up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the kind of stuff that the raw eye miss out but once fixed make the mini look kinda cleaner. Maybe it's the brain who works it out, like subliminal images,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite some mistakes, not nothing which can easily be touched up. I'd like to add that I think the entire model needs a bit more contrast, more defined shading along the edges of an area and stronger highlights.

    Good idea to line up all the mistakes on a picture.

    btw I'm now following your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.