Thursday, January 27, 2011

Black Templar Dreadnought WIP

Just one for fun, worked on over two nights so far.  I had done some conversion work a while ago to make a Black Templar dread out of a AoBR dread and I figured I'd throw some paint on it in between Eldar.

The assault cannon arm is mostly a scratch build using some bt bitz and a gun from a land speeder.  The sarcophagus plate is from the regular dread box.  The fingers on the dreadnought ccw have been extended with styrene.

I'm not sure what to do for the main banner.  That chain is going to make it hard to do any cohesive freehand, and I will definitely have to work around it since it's fixed in place.  I also need to do some outlining and clean up on the aquilla in the rubble.  The basing is fimo (or sculpy... can't remember which)  rolled out to about 1/4" and then baked and broken up and interspersed with sand.  It makes great ruined masonry.

Update: click here for next WIP

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.