Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Skrolk WIP 1

Hold you in his armchair you can feel his disease.

The digital camera has been found.  I'm not sure why I thought I could photograph this guy, especially in light of how poorly I did photographing that Blood Raven Shrike proxy.

Anywho...

Tonight's work was entirely on the face, with a little highlighting on the cloak.  The fluff behind Skrolk is that he clawed his own eyes out after beholding Plague Lord Nurglitch, but that he can see through Horned Rat given plague-o-vision or something.  To represent this, I painted one eye (the right one) as closed and tinged green.  The left eye, which was a little deeper in the cloak, is painted as a bright spot of Scorpion Green with a white highlight.  All my other Skaven have red eyes, so this green eye is meant to represent his magic sight.

If I am going to replace my top five minis on CMON, I am going to have to learn how to photograph these things.  They just don't seem to be in focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.