Monday, August 30, 2010

The Second Most Expensive Time of the Year



Yesterday the family and I went to Staples to buy school supplies.  Two and half hours and $300 later, we walked out laden with binders, pencils, backpacks, etc.

My dreams of buying Island of Blood this Saturday have all but evaporated.

All for the best, I suppose.  I am trying to focus on high quality painting and having 40 new clanrats to gawk at can't help.  I already own the rulebook, and it's not like IoB is going away anytime soon.

2 comments:

  1. While I have no plans of picking up Isle of Blood anytime soon, I know the cash pain of school starting.

    Enrolling daughter in a new preschool, and the check for the first session tuiton certainly took a bit out of the "hobby" funds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the same boat. No hobby funds = no Island of Blood anytime soon. Haha, I guess that's why I've been painting my old minis that I haven't gotten around to in ages.

    ReplyDelete

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.