Friday, June 25, 2010

Music: Doom Remix Project

Hey 1990's gamers!  Remember Doom?  Yeah, that Doom.  The first and only game that made me think "I didn't know a computer could do that."  The game that made me ditch my Amiga and get a 40MHz AMD 486 equivalent DOS box (yes, 40MHz.)  The game whose sequel forced me to upgrade to an impressive 8MB RAM.  Yeah, that Doom.

In honor of Doom's 6041st birthday, I would like to bring your attention to something wonderful released 1783 days ago, the Doom Remix Project.  This is a freely downloadable group of musical reinterpretations of the incredible music that accompanied the carnage in Doom.  Go listen and relive the days of 6000-some-odd days gone by.

Also, kudos to timeanddate.com for their date duration calculator.

1 comment:

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.