Wednesday, September 09, 2009

How To Win Customer Loyalty

I have to hand it to Brett at the Paint Creek Crossing Games Workshop store. He has always been a pleasant fellow with whom to interact, and I mean that with no sarcasm. He's a salesman without giving the hard-sell. The way he handles the painting competitions there is just one example of his professionalism.

When I found out there was a painting competition last weekend I finished a couple of models to enter, and my daughter, son and nephew (between the ages of 5 and 8) all did the same. My daughter really loves painting, so to enter her first competition was a big thing for her. She asked what sort of prizes you get for winning, and I told her at this level that it's just for fun and you'll get a certificate if you win (like in past competitions there.)

We all submitted our models, and my dreadnought won in large model. None of my kin won, but they didn't seem to mind. Brett then surprised me by handing me a prize... one of those bolter ammo box miniature cases! I don't even know if you can get those anymore! The winner of the contest got a battleforce of his choice!

So, between making my GW experience a pleasant one (again), giving my kids a category in which to compete (even if just for fun) and doling out unexpected prize support, Brett has certainly impressed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.