Friday, June 05, 2009

Paint Creek GW Reboot

This is a follow up to my previous rant about the fallen state of the Paint Creek Crossing GW store.

I stopped in the store today just to see what was going on. I've done this a couple times since Lance "left" and it's been a friendly experience. For the first time today I had a chat with Brett, the new manager there who will be staying on for a year or so to get the store on track. My impressions?

Breath. Of. Fresh. Air.

Brett really seems to "get it" when it comes to gamers and hobbyists. People coming in and playing at the store in a friendly way is something he encourages! People who antagonize and cause grief for others will be asked to leave. (He indicated that a few key players had already been asked to do so... I'm pretty sure I know who he meant.) We chatted about upcoming releases in a way that was informational and not hard-sell. I had a smile on my face. I felt comfortable.

...and I bought something before I left.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I have been in that store a few times but since it is on the other side of Ann Arbor from me in Dexter I do not go there much. Mainly do my shopping at either the Lab by myself or at Riders due to its location near shopping my wife is interested.

    I also go to the GW store in Northville/Novi more since it is also located near shopping of interest to my wife. Funny how that determines where I go to look at stuff.

    ReplyDelete

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.