Saturday, July 29, 2006

Replacing Legends

But first, High Paladin Dartan Vilmon:
The CMON link: >>here<<
The auction link: >>here<<

---
"Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me?
M-I-C ... K-E-Y... M-O-U-S-E!"

Imaging having to rewrite that song? What a high-pressure concept... like having to rewrite a score to Star Wars or something. The task went to the band "They Might Be Giants", probably based on the great theme song they wrote for the Disney show "Higglytown Heroes" about a year ago. I think the new version fits the new show very well, but still pays homage to the old one. My two-year old loves the song, and sings it with me all the time. I know it's nerd stereotyping, but I have really liked TMBG for going on 20 years. (what? has it really been that long?) They have put a couple of albums for children in the past several years, so my kids are getting to like them a lot too. Yeah, these girls don't have a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.