Thursday, March 30, 2006

Enthusiast, not Connoisseur

I like things. Coffee, peppermints, Jazz, various foods... Over my 37-some-odd years I have consumed enough of various things to have a basic idea of what I like or don't like. Occassionally I will share the fact that I like something with others. Often, the extapolation of that sharing by the person is question is to assume that I am a connoisseur of said like. This could not be farther from the truth.

I like coffee, but I don't think I could seriously differentiate what one would call a good coffee from a coffee that I simply enjoy. The same goes for food. I like Mexican food, but I enjoy the dive down the road that serves TexMex probably as much as an authentic Mexican restaurant. It's not that I'm unappreciative of good things; it's more that I'm easy to please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.